Hello and welcome to 2017’s Secret Santa for r/MechanicalKeyboards! I’m King Icewind and really excited to be hosting it. I can’t wait to see what you mechanical Santas deliver! Please read the info below and take the time to fill out the form. See you around r/mk! Happy clacking!
What is a Secret Santa gift exchange?
A Secret Santa is a random assignment of someone else who signed up and you send them a gift! You can remain completely anonymous or let them know! It’s fun because you have no idea what you will getting and from whom!
PUT YOUR REDDIT USERNAME IN THE “LAST NAME” SECTION OF THE SIGN UP PAGE
- You must have an active Reddit account that has actively participated in r/MK before Sept. 9th.
- Only one account per person is allowed to enter.
- The Secret Santa is limited to: Australia, Canada, European Countries, Japan, South Korea, and the US. We will do our best to match corresponding countries. We’re putting all of Europe together (ex. Great Britain to France).
- Using a forwarding address to get around the participating countries is not allowed.
- The last day you can enter the Secret Santa is Friday, November 11th.
- The minimum gift amount is $20 with no maximum.
- Gifts should be sent by roughly Wednesday, December 13th to make sure they arrive before the 25th. For international orders, you will want to send it even earlier! Make sure you get tracking information just in case!
- Back Up Secret Santas are done differently this year. Everyone will get the opportunity to be a back up.
- We will have an official thread for posting Secret Santa gift pictures in. Please do this so we can verify gifts were sent. Otherwise, I will shoot an email to you.
- If you fail to send a gift you will be banned from future r/MK Secret Santas.
- Follow up email with your assigned redditor will be sent after November 12th.
- If you do not receive a gift THIS year, I have better system in place this year, and you will be taken care of! Please let me know by Jan 15th, 2018.
- If you did NOT receive a gift last year (2016), please contact me. You should have though!
- I suggest you go into Settings > Email Preferences and un-check all options except notify if there’s a question, and an item has been added to gift list.
To add to your WISH LIST:
Click on wish list, the “+” sign, and you will be able to add links from there.
Here are some gift ideas: Cherry, Gateron & other switches, keyboards, Artisan keycaps, function keys + misc, key sets, springs, lube, solder, wire (recommend single strand), LEDs, sip sockets, Teensy 2.0, mini usb cable, plate feet, dust covers, travel bags, wrist rests, key tester, key chain, plates/case for numpad, and more. There are quite a few cheap fun mechanical keyboards on Amazon now!
If you have any questions or inquiries:
PM on Reddit: King_Icewind
Email me at: email@example.com
Secret Santas in 2016: 382
Secret Santas in 2017: 166 (so far)
Last day to register is Friday, November 11th.